Saturday, June 22, 2013

Getting Chummy

“Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: "What! You too? I thought I was the only one.” 
― C.S. Lewis

C.S Lewis must have a wonderful circle of friends. Well, almost everyone has that clique on which they click. And not just click-click but really CLICK.

Growing up, I wasn't too good at making acquaintances, let alone friends. Maybe, I was anti-social back then. Or maybe, I was just too independent. When I was little, the only permanent playmate I've got was my younger brother. We weren't able to really make friends with the neighborhood kids. I remember some summer vacations wherein we have playmates coming over at our house and play "habulan." Most summers, it's just drawing, gardening and Sesame Street marathons for me.

Friendship is luxury defined for me. Yes, I did somehow develop my social skills, made lots of acquaintances but only few can really be considered as my friends. That's why I'm here today, to write about my precious ones.

It's really hard for me to open up about my whereabouts but some people had made me loosen up a bit. I was always the secretive type and I hate being showy about it. In fact, I hated talking about me, I try to avoid talking about my life as much as possible  I was a loner until these great people came along. So in no particular order, let me present to you the people who can pretty much bear my silly antics.


 Camille AngelicaRose de Leon

She's one of the most beautiful faces I've ever seen. She's funny, she's creative, she's determined and she's one hell of a kind. We became friends during a film I made with her and from then on, she became one of my most trusted confidantes. I can't keep secrets from her (she's got these big prodding eyes) and we share the same kind of passion: being life-driven. I call her my mom because she simply is. She's like this mother hen, always been protective about me, willing to hide me in her wings whenever she senses something. She made my costume in my Photography class and supported me all through out my remaining college years. She's always willing to go out in the rain just to meet and hug me. Just one call, and bam! She's there. She's one of my best friends. I know that she's busy with her stint on a crime-related television show but she's always willing to drop anything just to see me.

"Mommy Mac, thank you for really getting me. Thank you for sticking and fighting with me in every situation that I'm in. Thank you for believing in me."


 Michelle Bait-it

This girl is a tri-athlete in piko, patintero and sungka. She handles the ball well too. She's soo kind, there's nothing wrong with her! She picks the things that I accidentally tripped over whenever we go shopping. Hehehe. She's so transparent and true about herself. You can easily make friends with this girl for she is so open, you can literally see her soul. She is one great drinking buddy too. Though we never see each other often, I can say that she's one great friend to keep.

"I know you're busy selling condominium units and all, but I definitely want to see you soon. Love you, Mitch."


 Cheri Galvez

My ultimate crime partner. My defender. My ego-booster. My critique. This girl is so fat, you can actually replace bacon with her. Hehe. Just kidding. This tough midget has been my friend since 3rd year college and we pretty much had the same chain of events that either brought us dying or flying, crying and laughing. I always go home with her and we always talk about pretty much anything under the sun. The best thing I really like about this girl is that she's not afraid to knock you back into your senses whenever you seem to need some knocking. She might have called me a "butt-face" back in college but she's one lovable creature. You just have to really understand her quirks and cravings before she pulls your hair and gives you a massive wedgie. I'm really proud of my girl here. She's tough, she's a fighter.

"Evil girl, I'll see and join you soon, ok? I miss you terribly."


Phoebe dela Paz-Corpuz

This korean-looking lesbo is so weird, I can't believe I'm friends with her. HAHAHA! Just kidding. But seriously, that same level of weirdness that we share together is what actually keeps us intact. We often spend our free time together watching movies and eating popcorn and smashing some zombies. I love her being indie and her collection of scarves. I love her tumblr-ish room and I just loving having fun with her. She's a great companion and a great friend. And oh, she's one of my mentors at organizing my things. The reason why I became struck down with an obsessive-compulsiveness syndrome is because of her. Hehe.

"Powbs, I know you're married now and I know that it's a dream come true for you. I'm happy for you and I hope we get to play L4D again."


Rachelle Legler

She's been all-around protective with me. And I really dig her calming presence. I don't know, with her around, I can easily breathe and she's one great listener and adviser. People would often misinterpret her as annoying but she's a very loyal friend. She still texts me upto this day and even bothered to search for my number.

"I'm about to get teary-eyed right now, but I just want you to know that I'm doing well and I miss you, just give me time and I'll see you soon."



Wilan Postolero

Whenever I have problems, this guy has been my go-to person since 2nd year college. He guided me through thick and thin and I've never been so grateful. He's not perfect, in fact he's got his share of several boo-boos too, but I think that's what makes him quite relatable. With this guy, anything is possible and I started to believe that in this life, it's always about fighting for what you believe in and that solutions are endless. I know this guy, he's loyal to his friends and is very willing to die for them. No joking here. This guy, together with my Mommy Mac has given so much impact in my life. I think 1/8 of my being now is because of them.

"Dad, you were the first one to teach me that possibilities are endless, it's time that you believe in it again. Soon all your hard work will pay off. I wish you Mommy Mac all the best that this life can offer. Thanks so much for every single thing."


Erik Miras

He was the first one to talk to me back in my first year as a college student. He was always a Straight-A student and that's one thing we always agree on. He's always there for me especially during some wee hours in the morning wherein I just can't sleep and needs someone to talk about anything sane. Or even accompany me anywhere even if it is already 3am. Hehe. He's a great friend and although we might have somewhat had gaps before, he was still the same person that I know. One word: Warm. He's one good-looking guy but he's never boast about it which is great, otherwise I wouldn't want to go out with an airhead. Hehe. He's always gala like me and that's fun.

"Erik, I know that you're busy hunting down goons with Mike Enriquez, and I know it's your dream job. You deserve it. Good luck with life and I really hope to make gala with you again." :)


Kevin Santos

Another great pal. He's been a cool companion and has made me discover new things (ice cream cookies, anyone?) He's never grew tired of sharing me the Gospel even though I was so stubborn back then. Movies and eating with this person is quite an event. And he's one of my go-to person because he always seem to know what to say (must be because of the pastor aura). He might be misunderstood by some people but he is actually a nice guy.

"Kev, I miss hanging out with you and Erik. Thank you so much for the sound advices and thank you so much for always lending me a hand. See you soon!"

 Brian Francia

Brian Francia. How can I ever forget this walking mouth? Hahaha. We're both born in August which I think the reason why we get along so well. This guy, wobbly he might be most of the time, is actually a great listener. He's one of the few people I know who can really listen. Although I make fun of him most of the time, he still considers me as his younger sister. Hehe.

"Bri, keep up the faith. Thanks so much for the friendship!"

Victor Young

My fluffy fat assed friend. Hehe. He's a very warm person and I can really hang out with him and share some of the hugest laughs of my life. He's very creative and a bit shy around people he's meeting the first time. The great thing with Victor is that he never feels you out. He's always there willing to accept you again and again. And that little thing really counts.

"FAT ASS! I miss you so much! I just wished I had listen to your before during the time you called me sneaky sneaky. I hope to laugh with you soon!"


Ralph Senga

He is one great comforter. And he doesn't mind if I wake him from his nap just to talk to him about some of my damn dramas. He's that guy who can accompany you shopping and not get bored at all. He's a very caring friend. He makes you stand at your feet when you're disheveled  at the cold hard ground. I'm glad I became friends with this person.

"Ralphy! Thank you for the patience and the best advices one could ever have."


I wasn't the showy type of friend. In fact, I admit I suck at being a friend. But I can't help but be very thankful that I have these people behind my back. They're always there even though I seem to push them away. They're God's gift to me. I've always thought that I can survive without anyone but with them around, that thought is as far as Neverland.

These are the people who have always believe in me. These are the people who stood behind and beside me. They are my guiding light. They make me feel safe. They're the only ones who doesn't get tired of texting me even though I don't reply. They always want the best for me. They were the only ones who calls me pretty when I least look my best. I just hoped I had listened to them before I made that stupid mistake in my life. I may not get in touch with them every single day, but I know they're always waiting for me to stand up again. They always were, always has been.

I miss them so much and I believe soon enough, I will get those warm hugs again and laugh till I fart.

“It's the friends you can call up at 4 a.m. that matter.” 
― Marlene Dietrich

Keep it real,

Joanne



No comments:

Post a Comment