Thursday, June 20, 2013

Let the bubbles begin!

Doing the laundry has been one of my favorite chores to do. It doesn't feel like a chore to me though for I really enjoy the whole process. From sorting out the whites from the colored ones, to buying the detergents or the fabric conditioners, I always see to it that I make it a bit of an adventure.

I learned laundry through my father when I was in grade six. He was the first one to ever tell me the basics. At home, we basically use the washing machine which makes laundry easy as abc. Our green washing machine has been with my family since the day I was first introduce to the world. I'm not joking! It's been around since dinosaurs. Hehe. I was born on a rainy August 1992, which makes me 20 years old and it's the same with that ancient washing machine. But I'm proud to announce that the said washing machine is still in perfect condition and is still my laundry buddy.

I've skipped doing my laundry during my high school days because it's one thing that keeps my lola busy back then. She wants to do all the washing for it keeps her mind busy. I returned to my washing ritual during my tertiary education for I'm too hands-on with my uniforms. And so up to this day, I keep the bubbles sprouting.

If you guys has been with this same old routine also, I guess you can already pinpoint which laundry product you really dig. And if not, is still checking the laundry aisles in your local grocery store. That's why I'm here, to give you at least my two-cent worth of what I think are the best laundry products out there. So here goes...


CHAMPION INFINITY



Ariel Bleach was my choice in the past, but it stings my hands. And so, I began to search for a gentler detergent without compromising the cleaning ability.

I'm no fan of Susan Roces and definitely not a fan of Fernando Poe, but this product that Ms. Roces is currently endorsing is really a double thumbs-up for me. It really takes out those stubborn dirt after just minutes of having them soaked into this product. Trust me, I too was amazed.

You see, I've got this white pedal shorts. They're white-white. Not dirty white. I've never used them since 2010 and I just kind of stuffed them in my cabinet for three years and when I encountered them, they have these yellowish stains which, by the looks of it is a capital S for stubborn stain.

I had bad experiences with Chlorox so it's out of my list. Crossing my fingers, I used then, this Champion Infinity and tossed my white pedal shorts together with my other white garments. When I took it out for the dryer, voila! The yellow stains? GONE.

It's not just with my white pedal shorts, I've got several backpacks since high school that needs washing after being stored for God knows for how long. They've got these stains and upon using Champion Infinity, it just went na-da.

I've got this cloths from my costumes back in college and I, embarrassingly,  never had the chance to wash them after being used and soiled. Yes, I know I was too lazy and busy back then. And yes, soiled they were, years before Champion Infinity and I just tossed them into the washing machine the other day coupled with I think half a kilo of Champion Infinity. The results? Impressively new-looking and fresh-smelling cloths.

And when Ryan Agoncillo told on national TV that this product is 100% pure and has no chalk residues, I guarantee you, he's been by far one of the most credible hosts and is saying nothing but the truth. I wonder if he uses this products to wash the lampins of his son Lucio.


DOWNY INNOCENCE HELLO-KITTY

Downy Innocence, Limited Hello Kitty Edition with the free keychain

Hello kitty is one of my childhood heroes. My lola would often give me Hello Kitty watches when I was young and I've been hooked. But then, I eventually grew tired of Hello Kitty upon realizing that she's so fictional with her having no mouth at all. I thought, how can she even enjoy her tea parties with Kerokeropi and Melody and Pichaco if she can't eat, let alone drink?

I began to be entertained again by Hello Kitty upon seeing the limited edition of Downy. Who doesn't use Downy anyway especially during the onset of the rainy season? Initially, after seeing this product, I wasn't a bit curious until one of my college classmate ( a hello kitty fan herself ) began to show us the studded Hello Kitty key chain which she got as a freebie. She's claiming that this limited edition Downy really smells great. Think cotton candies.

It wasn't until I went to my province when my Auntie Lyn washed my scarf with this fabric conditioner that I became hooked. The scent lasted for about a week. It's literally a tagline from a bottle: "Smell like a baby all day long."

I don't normally use fabcon during ordinary days, I use them during the rainy season to prevent the hated "amoy-kulob" smell.  But with Downy Innocence, my fabcon rainy season drama went for all seasons. It was the scent that captured me. It reminds me of soft pink towels, of innocent infants, of French macaroons, and yeah, definitely the demure of Hello Kitty.

I'm not sure if Downy is sold around Asia, but it should be. Given the innovations that the product underwent ( imagine French fragrance), it's a household must-have. It's everyone's go-to savior during those rainy days.



P.S: AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE, AVOID THESE PRODUCTS

SURF  POWDER

It's chalk. Period. When using this product, you can actually see the chalk residue floating in the water. It's not worth it. Yes, it smells good but I highly doubt its cleaning ability. I hate the scent of the pink powder.




ZONROX

I hate it when you use it on white clothes for it makes the fabric look kind of yellowish afterwards. It makes clothes look like you've have them since 1955. Yes, I've had a couple of bad experiences using this product and unfortunately, it's with my divine uniforms. And I hate the BLUE ZONROX. Once, I have this pink purple shirt from Abercrombie and I was looking for something in the laundry products cabinet when all of a sudden, this blue-capped product jumped into my favorite shirt. The ending? My shirt was like infected with some kind of fungal disease.

BLUE POWDER

According to some mothers, this powder makes clothes look newer and whiter. But if you're no expert using this one like me, then stay away from this product as to avoid making your closet turn bluer than River Danube.

How does this thing works???



Being a naturally-born perfectionist, I want my clothes to be as perfectly clean as possible. I want them to be spotless white all the time, that's why I do my own laundry so that whatever washing mishap happens, I don't have to blame anyone but my own dear self. Hehe. So yeah, there goes my list and if you have the time, please do share with me your laundry time stories.

Keep it real,
Joanne











No comments:

Post a Comment